October 04, 2007

That Sinking Feeling

I had the scariest dream just as I drifted to off to sleep on Tuesday night. It was very brief but so scary I literally shook myself awake and out of it.

As I slept, all of a sudden I saw myself on the stern of a cruise ship as a large stormy wave washed over the ship. Not a tidal wave but still a huge wave. It toppled the ship and next thing I saw the stern going down, like the Titanic. I was no in the water and sinking into unknown dark murky depths. I was free falling in the blackness of the water and all I could see where my arms extending into the darkeness in front of me and feeling sick with fear. I was terrorfied and thinking I'm going to die and what will happen to my body. It will sink to the bottomless depths and be eaten by fish. The fear overcame me so intensely that I started shaking myself awake. It was like trying desperately to wake from a drug induced sleep. I kept shaking my head and finally I came out of it. I was awake! And I was alive. But I was a bit shaken.

I told RoboPapi about it the next day and he said it was all symbolic. Lately I have a lot of friends in my cirlce who are going through some really bad stuff in their lives. I guess I feel like everyone around me is suffering. Plus we are going on a cruise next week. That all makes sense I suppose, but I don't like the idea of being so horrifically filled with fear like being in the situation of a sinking ship in the middle of the ocean with no chance of survival.



Labels: , , ,