July 26, 2007

Plug It Up! Plug It Up! Plug It Up!

Plug it up! as in shameless plug for my friends of NEKKED. But why not? It is my blog.

In an unusual twist of events last night, I went out on a school night. But only because my NEKKED friends were hosting another one of their monthly NEWD nights at the Eagle. Robopapi went last time and said it was really cool, very different, as in not your usual Eagle event.

The NEWD party bills itself as "an electro fetish kabaret". And that it was! As soon as I entered I was greeted by two small video screens. One was displaying the 1950s animated Animal Farm and another was showing some Jean Cocteau film that looked very ghostly errie but right up my alley (so to speak) in terms of old movies I like. There were live performances from a few hot go-go boys holding up large picture frames and wearing animal masks while dancing to the funtastic music I talk more about later. And by these 3 women, one clad in an ultra tight corsette (ouch) while they ran around acting like lions in the wilderness pursuing prey.

NEWD's new monthly, Wednesday night party, incorporating traditional entertainment, new technology and fetish performance for a unique event and new experience which helps represents the rekindling of New York nightlife's underground scene.
The boys of NEKKED sang a few songs. Breath, which I love. And DJ Rich King was playing some crazy funtastic music which I was keenly aware of many sound samples; some of which were from...
  • Valley of the Dolls; "you know how bitchy fags can be".
  • Harold from Boys in the Band; (maybe not the entire quote but I love it anyway!) "You're a sad and pathetic man. You're a homosexual and you don't want to be, but there's nothing you can do to change it. Not all the prayers to your god, not all the analysis you can buy in all the years you've got left to live. You may one day be able to know a heterosexual life if you want it desperately enough. If you pursue it with the fervor with which you annihilate. But you'll always be homosexual as well. Always Michael. Always. Until the day you die."
  • And one that I really recognized, Davros the creator of the DALEKS screaming in his reverberating maniacal way, "You will obey, You will obey me. I am Davros...I...I...I!!!!!!"
It was all very very cool. Alas I'm a 9-5er and I had to leave around midnight, just like Cinderella.

Labels: , , ,