September 07, 2007

Still a Native New Yorker

Well we finally made the jump across the river and now we're officially homo owners (home-owners for the gayngo-challenged) in Jersey City.

Both of us being native New Yorkers I wasn't sure how I'd survive the crossing over, but I actually like it. It's peacful and quiet, lots of trees (I LOVE TREES). The commute (and thats a dirty dirty word for me) is so easy. In fact it's much closer and quicker to Manhttan then Brooklyn or Queens. The 'hood we live in JC is best likened to Carrol Gardens or Boerum Hill in Brooklyn, and since I'm a Brooklyn Native, I like it. There are some really beautiful blocks with gorgeous homes. Besides, Jersey City is the newest Gayborhood in the NYC area, otherwise known as the 6th Borough of NYC. We have several friends in the 'hood already, and I can see more and more on the streets everyday.

So, so long dirty nasty NOISY congested EXPENSIVE Manhattan. Nah, I still love my home town and plan on hanging there often. But I'll obviously be spending a lot more time at home now in my new home.

Labels: , , , , ,