August 08, 2007

Mother Nature is the cruelest of all

On the way to work this AM, I walked down 20th Street in Chelsea and noticed in the bushes of an apartment complex, was sitting a very young baby bird. Someone else must have rescued it and laid it upon a paper towel in the bushes out of harms way on the sidewalk. The chick was so young, its eyes were still bulging out and hardly had any feathers. It was also drenched and was shivering either from fear or being wet. I think it must have been washed out of the tree during this morning's big thunder storm. I can't explain in words how sad and helpless I felt to save this baby chick. My heart tugged at me, but what could I do to nurse a baby chick. I certainly don't know how to regurgitate my food and feed it. I tell ya, Mother Nature can be the cruelest of all, even above humans.

Labels: