August 10, 2006

Private Jokes & Private Names

Through out my entire adult life, I've always maintained a series of private-jokes (in-jokes) with close friends, and also made up names for people we would see all the time but didn't necessarily know personally.

I can remember quite fondly many names we (my 2 best friends at the time) had for people in ACT UP (circa 1989-1992), such as: Rat boy, Rude Boy, ACT UP'S Carroll O'Conner,
Tic Tac Boy, Maya the Space Alien, Toilet Paper head, and ACT UP'S Tasha Yar (from Star Trek TNG), were just a few.

Fast forward to now, my best friend "sister-Alan" and I have a slew of private-jokes and "sayings". One I'm particularly fond of is, "Don't I look fetching today? Then we have the [fits any purpose to annoy you] "Full of Grace...Full of Grace". But one of my all time favorite private-jokes is this picture of the pig. I remember as we stumbled down 9th Avenue in Hell's Kitchen coming from Vlada lounge all liquored up on infused vodka cocktail, we cam upon this life sized pig and I somehow managed to snap a picture. My sweet-sister and I cracked up so bad, we were peeing. And now all I need do is shoot it off in an email to elicit laughter for days.

Yes, ya had to be to be there.