July 18, 2006

I can't help but think...

With the whole Gay marriage debate moving on and battles being won and (painfully) lost (like in New York), I can't help but think that I really haven't seen many if any straight allies on this issue.

I can't help but think how many gay people work in the "wedding business", to make those weddings look beautiful.

I can't help but think how the straights willingly accept our help to make them look good. We do their hair, their makeup, their decorating, arrangements, blah blah blah, etc.

I can't help but wish that all gay people would just stop supporting the straight weddings unless the straights come out and support a gay couple's equal rights in this so called "land of equality".

I can't help but wish that those ridiculous Queer Eye for the Straight Guys would take a stand for their gay brothers and sisters and stop going around making the straights lives all pretty and picture perfect.

I can't help but think, ain't it time for some payback!

I can't help but think how sick it makes me that there are so many fag hag girlfriends out there getting married who rely on their gay friends to make her wedding the most beautiful ever. But where is that bitch when it comes to helping out her gay friend's equal right to marry his partner just like she did.

I can't help but think that I'd like some straight men and women to comment on this blog and prove me wrong.

And for now, I can't help but think that I refuse to attend another straight wedding. Besides the fact I hate them anyway even if I could get married myself.

I just can't help it.