August 01, 2006

Predictions 2006

I'm feeling a severe case of psychic doom lately. I'm getting a sense of something wicked this way comes on several levels. Here are my predictions for the remainder of 2006 (not necessarily in this order).

Imminent, or probably in the next 2 weeks: A major NYC blackout, probably isolated to just NYC and surrounding areas. This is gonna seriously suck with weather digits in the 90+ range.

Within 5-7 years: In the U.S., a Civil "Culture" War. Because there's way too much diversity of opinion, socio-economics, beliefs, and "those that care and those that don't", in this country. We cannot just all get along.


Now, and increasingly over the next 5 years: Extreme weather and climate changes. If this Summer's heat wave is any indication of Things to Come, then watch the fuck out. Time to move up north. And imagine, Hurricane season hasn't even really begun yet. I can't wait, it's my version of the Super Bowl.

Within 5-10 years: A catastrophic event in the food chain. Someting will happen (pathogen or result of prediction #3) that will severly poison our food supply. We will all them be relegated to eating McDonalds and drinking Coca Cola.

Now, or within 2 years: World War 3. Oddly not in the way that we've all imagined it to come about with all out nuclear holocaust. But I sense it'll be more conventional yet more destructive than WW I & II combined. However, I sense there is a wildcard in there concerning nuclear weapons. I won't rule it out. Scary.

So who knows if any of this will come true. But I can't ignore an overwhelming sense of doom I've been feeling for quite sometime now.