April 10, 2007

Kaaaaaaaay-9!!!!

On our way to the Phoenix bar last night for a friend's birthday, we passed by Forbidden Planet, that old sci-fi book shop. In the window I happened to spot a new toy, a remote control K-9! I must have.

K-9 was one of The Doctor's companions, in the original Doctor Who series (1963-1996). It was Tom Baker, the 4th Doctor, sometime around 1978 who had K-9 as his dog and a companion. Only a few episodes later K-9 (mark I) left, staying behind on Gallifrey with Leela, another companion of the Doctor's. It was quite sad actually. I think I cried (hey I was 10). But much to everyone's surprise, at the end of that episode in the TARDIS control room, the Doctor pushes in a big box. Stenciled on the side,K-9 mark II. Yeah, K-9 continues the adventures.

So now I just placed my order for my very own remote control K-9. My very own! I love K-9. I can't wait to make him whiz around the apartment and chase our dog-like cat, Gator (evil laughter).

Labels: , , ,