March 28, 2007

Robby the Robot, Gaybot & PlayBoytoy!

It was circa 1978, and my sister and I were so bored hanging around my mother's small office on E.49th Street. So we decided to catch a double feature at the then MGM Regency theater, one of those last remaining grande ornate theaters.

It was a boy's dream cum true, they were playing a matinee double feature of The Time Machine and Forbidden Planet. I hadn't seen either so this was going to be a roller coaster ride for little 10 year old Robocub. Although Star Wars had just come out, these fantastic movies from decades prior still amazed me. I've always been a die hard sci-fi affecianado.

And my love for robots was just about to intensify. My first love of all was for robot B9 on Lost in Space, and I was about to discover that B9's cousin, Robby would become my all time second love of my life.

Now some 29 years later, I've cum to discover that my second love of my life was gay!










Labels: ,