April 03, 2006

ROBOTS O' THE DAY #1

Today I'm starting a new series called (duh), ROBOT O' THE DAY. I guess it'll be similar to my MAN O' THE DAY series, which I haven't had one in way too long. I need to remedy that real soon.

With ROBOT O' THE DAY, I'll show a robot from our extensisve toy robot collection and give a little bio and history if available.

Today's ROBOTS O' THE DAY are three little goofy twerps that I've named "Huey", "Duey", and "Lewey", after the little helper-bots in the movie Silent Running (1972).

These little guys stand about 2 inches tall and are made of all plastic. Their source of locomotion is powered by a mini wind-up spring. Their cuteness is only enhanced by their goofey walking pattern; as they walk, each of their heads rocks back and forth from side-to-side, in a drunken-like wobbling motion.