March 28, 2006

Featured Artist: MARTIN ONTIVEROS

Recently me and the Robopapi (as Eddie will be referred to from now on) discovered this amazing artist Martin Ontiveros, based in Portland, Oregon. I'm totally loving his style. Cartoonish robotic fantasy is the only way I can describe. Check out some of his works here, here, and here.

We were extremely lucky to acquire one his works titled,
"Super Mecha Jumbo Mestizo". The Super Mecha Jumbo obviously refers to the Giant robot and the Mestizo refers to a mixed ethnic/national background, which I'm assuming is referring to the artist himself. We love this painting. The colors are so vibrant (the image does it no justice) and compliments the subject perfectly. The fact that it's of robot Mexican wrestler is such a unique score for us.

Martin said, "I did this for a robot-themed show that was to happen at Super 7 in San Francisco this winter, but the show was cancelled and I have this just sitting around."
Well Martin, we'd love to thank you for this beautiful work. It's now happily hanging in our home and it makes us really happy. We love it!