March 21, 2006

Mother Nature to the NorthEast: I'm gonna git you sucka

Well it seems that the forecast for a devastating hurricane to hit New England is all over the news lately. I'm beginning to think, is this one of those forewarnings that we should all really be taking very seriously. Even the Weather Channel has produced a what-if scenario called It Could Happen Tomorrow. I saw the episode about a category 3 hurricane hitting New York City and was a bit freaked out by the possibility. It's gonna be really bad.

I even read about it this morning in one of the local NYC papers. They said that some forecasters are blaming global warming. But whatever the reason, it seems that it will happen within the next 10 years, possibly even hurricane season 2006. What made sense to me the most was that with ocean temperatures rising, it's the Earth's way of spreading out the increase in temperature. Totally makes sense to me.
I'm very curious as to what Weather man Jeff has to say about all this.

Here are just a couple of major news organizations reporting on this recently as a serious possibility:
AccuWeather: Threat of Major Hurricane Strike Grows for Northeast
CBS NEWS: Super-Storms Seen; NE In For Big One?

The only thing I'll be laughing at is all these insane real estate values in NYC will probably plumet.