April 18, 2006

Easy Does It Back There

It's not that anyone has been clammoring for me to blog, in fact not a peep has been heard. Hmm, I guess my readership is down. Oh well, it's not like I receive money for this, so who cares. This is my entertainment as well as yours.

Life has been quiet lately and yet busy. Family stuff busy and personally quiet. On top of that, since I've finally decided to get my ass back to working out again (haha), I started and then a few days later strained my neck and shoulder muscles (with 20 pounders no doubt! huh?). So now I have to wait to heal and revert back to my schlub-self. I'm OK with it for now because I can surround myself with big muscle-bound men friends. Can't join 'em, then surround yourself with 'em. I just really want to heal and stop the pain. So I've enlisted the help of a new
Chiropracter, who's office is quite charming, unconventional, yet very calm and relaxing. Unlike my old Chiropracter (Adam), who's office was like a circus and not very relaxing at all. Sorry but truth be told.

Other than my physical woes, I've been immersing myself in some rather geeky things at home. Like setting up my own wired network (wireless sucks big time with all the security risks, interference, and bandwidth issues), enhancing my RoadRunner bandwidth, souping up an old Graphite PowerMac G4/DP500 tower and running Tiger server (that's Mac OS X server 10.4) on it, dusting off an old Windows-PC (gasp, Robocub using a PC?!) to run a dedicated Halo game server on it and trying to start a gay Halo clan, called the PinkPanthers. And of course also just playing Halo a lot and a getting my ass kicked real bad by a bunch of anemic zit-faced teens. And since I have a Windows-PC (reads: serious security hazard) on my network now, I've had to make sure my firewall is secure. And thanks to a reliable source, I'm quite content that it is locked down all neat and tight, no swinging saloon doors.

Hey, I didn't have such things as a kid, so now is the time to try it. And as Margaret White in Carrie (1976) said, "I liked it, I liked it!" Back in my childhood day, we only had Atari, and those old 4-bit (or was it 2-bit?) games were hardly exciting. I'm actually not into video games much, but my buddy Davis has kinda gotten me into it, and it's a good thing. My hand/eye coordination really needs improvment, and jerking off just doesn't exercise that skill the way we'd like to think it does.