April 08, 2006

The Internet; scrambled or over easy?

So every now and then I check out my stats. What does that mean, you ask? Well stats are like how many visitors I've had to my blog, or how many people use a certain web browser, or which operating system they use (makes me vomit that 67% use Windows), or what City/State/Country a visitor lives in. And then there's one stat that I rarely ever look at, but since I was home and bored and looked at all the other stats, I figured...hey, let me look at this particular stat and see what it says.

It's called "Recent Keyword Activity". It shows which Search Engine was used and what keyword[s] were used to search, where my blog turned up. So I'm looking at each one and then I see someone just searched "robocub" on Yahoo. So I clicked the link and it shows me the results. Now what I see amongst the results just makes no sense. And here it is...

Thought Not: Mourner's Kaddish
... ROBOCUB on Snaxx. ROBOCUB on What's Old is New Again -- And We're Just Older. ROBOCUB on I have nothing to say. ROBOCUB on I ...

Thought Not: The Guy With The White Dog v.2
... With The White Dog v.2. ROBOCUB on Snaxx. ROBOCUB on What's Old is New Again -- And We're Just Older. ROBOCUB on I have nothing to say. ROBOCUB on I ...

Now I'm sitting here and thinking, WTF!? Why is Oliver writing ROBOCUB this and ROBOCUB that in a bunch of nonsensical non-sentences. So I click the links to investigate further and the resulting page which is Oliver's blog has nothing to do with the Yahoo results showed, I mean nothing. My name is not mentioned anywhere, nor is Snaxx (which is hard to believe since Oliver mentions Snaxx all the time). So I think the Internet is totally wacked out and scrambled up like eggs.

Someone who's really smart please explain to me how this happens.