March 26, 2008

"The Brute" for my man

Our 6th anniversary just came and went. I'm not always one to be big on gifts unless I see something and think, OMG he would LOVE that. Well this was one of those times.

While passing Mantiques Mondern with my buddy EvilBuddha recently I decided to browse their arsenal of insanely cool stuff. They always seem to have a few Robert Loughlin paintings, which of course are usually way out of my price range.

I spotted one which had a metal plated robot-esque motif to it. OMG this would be the perfect gift for my Robopapi for our anniversary. Of course it was insanely expensive, but I pondered it over for a few days and decided I needed a second opinion. So I called my best friend and we looked at it together. He didn't like it too much and oddly the second time around I wasn't loving it either. I was a little disappointed but then I spotted another Loughlin painting. This one was really cool. It was painted on what seemed to be a round table top piece of wood. The colors were also really nice. I was falling in love with it. So after some thinking and finagling of my money between savings and such, I went for it.

I actually had to carry it home along with Robopapi, but it was hidden inside a large garbage bag. The painting measures about 3.5 feet in diameter. Robopapi was insanely curious as to what it was but he couldn't guess if his life depended on it. I was loving it. I said he had to wait till our day and then all will be revealed.

Needless to say, our day on March 20th came and I unveiled it and he was in love with it. Mr. Loughlin paints a lot of these cigarette smoking man paintings, but this one is super special. I've seen around the guy may be called "The Brute", but I'm not certain. But who cares, The Brute sounds good to me and he now hangs above our bed. This sexy man Brute watches us as we sleep every night amongst other activities. How hot is that!

Labels: , , ,