March 01, 2007

NYC party-time rumor mill

I can't say this is particularly interesting, especially if you're not in NYC or interested in clubs and parties. But I love to stir the pot, so why not...

The Black Party DJ's are always a big source of speculation. Here are the rumors I hear around town as to who is scheduled to DJ at this notorious über party...
  • DJ DeMarko
  • DJ Brett Hendrickson
  • DJ Chad Jack
  • DJ SuperChumbo

In other club rumor (old) news...well this isn't so much a rumor as fact. Roxy will be closing it's doors finally after 17+ years. The building will be demolished to make way for more purification, er I mean gentrification of the extended Meat Packing district. A faux-glamourous hotel will be erected in it's place. The supposed Roxy's last party is scheduled for March 10th. Who knows if there will even be a last party.

And apparently the only new gay Saturday night alternative to the Roxy, has decided to change from a gay Saturday night to a HipHop night, as if there aren't enough of those. Club Stereo promised to be a great alternative to the larger Roxy. I'm personally very disappointed and saddened to hear this news. I had really high hopes for Stereo at the old Octagon. I love the space. They just need some great DJs and perhaps once the Roxy is dead and buried, the gay folk would've flocked to Stereo. I know I woulda. Up until now, it seems Stereo just hasn't been attracting enough of a gay crowd. If you'd like to broadcast your two-cents about Stereo, then contact Mark Nelson.