February 19, 2006

three eight

Last night at the regal bEagle, I was "engaging" a man in conversation and some other tactile sensations. I asked him how old he was, you know, just as simple conversation and it's always a good idea to know as much as you can about someone you're getting to know. So then he asked me how old I was. I easily replied 38. His jaw dropped. Maybe it was just really dark in there but I didn't think his reaction was warranted. He kept repeating, "you're 38!?", "you're 38!?", "you're 38!?", over and over. I said, yes, I'm 38. Although I was quite inebriated, so I might be missing some details or deliberately ommiting them.

OK, to be honest, I posted this entry solely because of the neato picture I just took of my Nixie clock when the seconds were hitting 38. Good night and have a pleasant tomorrow.