February 13, 2006

Apple iPhone... iHope!

OMG, if this rumor of an Apple branded iPhone comes true, it'll be the biggest hit since the iPod. I so want one.

Imagine a WiFi (wireless network) enabled iPod and a cell phone running some sort of Mac OS X interface all in one package. It'd be a dream come true. I believe the WiFiPod (wireless network iPod) is imminent, probably to be announced sometime around April. The next logical step might be to intergrate a cell phone into the WiFiPod.

But for now what I'm hoping for is the WiFiPod with the capability to listen to live internet radio streams, wirelessly. There are a handful of iTunes radio streams that I would die to be able to listen to on my iPod, live in real time. And I know this technology is perfectly available because I saw on NY1 this morning a report on some new gadgets and there is another company coming out with an internet enabled MP3 device that can connect to live internet radio streams.