February 15, 2006

Enough of The Mountain Already!

Would everyone just shut the fuck up about Brokeback Mountain already! I mean really, it's not that great a film. It's sad, very very sad. And depressing, and sad, very very sad. And did I tell you it's really depressing. Gee...Gay and sad and depressing, all wrapped up in one gay movie, how clever and unique. I can't believe the gays are still grabbing at crumbs. Because a gay themed movie gets all these accolades, we soak it up. Oh brother. I think Brokeback should win best Cinema-photography and that's it. Because if we get another Best Actor award for some straight actor playing a gay man, I'll barf. Don't get me wrong, it's not a bad movie, it's a decent drama. I just don't think it deserves all the praise it's getting.

Btw, I had a much better time watching Boys in the Band (1970), which was set in the same time period, albeit a major city. But at least I laughed.