February 28, 2006

Featured Artist: Anthony Siciliano

I rarely ever talk about art in any of it's varied forms. But once in a while I'll come across an artist whose work really grabs my attention. Meaning, I like or even love it a lot. It can be for any reason, perhaps a particular work or their overall style. In this case it's both. Today I'm featuring artist Anthony Siciliano. I don't know this guy and have never met him, (here cums my obligatory gay lust gene) although I wouldn't mind as he's a serious cutie pie.


I'm particularly attracted to his Giclee prints and Mixed Media works. I love the 50s and 60s print content, so nostalgic. But even more so his usage of antique astronomy maps. Sometimes I can't explain these things. I guess it's what you call my aesthetic. Someday when i have a bit of money to burn and more importantly space in our home, I'd love to buy some of his prints. Until then I'll just admire his website images and his hot bod on his Connexion profile (y'all can hunt for that yourselves), doh!